The city of Sandy Springs has paved six miles of sidewalks since it incorporated in 2005. City employees have started work or will soon start work on several new sidewalk projects. Watch for construction at these locations:
- Windsor Parkway: The contract has been awarded to build sidewalks on the north side of Windsor Parkway, from Roswell to High Point roads. Utility relocation is nearing completion and construction is planned to begin soon, according to information the city released July 1.
- Lake Forest Elementary School: Construction is underway to build a sidewalk on Lake Forrest Drive from the I-285 underpass to Hammond Drive. The project should be complete in October.
- Ridgeview Middle School: Construction is underway on sidewalks along Peachtree-Dunwoody Road in the vicinity of the school, according to information the city released July 1. Utility relocation is underway.
- Spalding Charter Elementary School: The project has been awarded to construct sidewalks on Brandon Mill and Dalrymple roads near the school.
- Johnson Ferry Road Streetscape: The contract is being awarded to construct sidewalks on Johnson Ferry Road, from Sandy Springs Circle to Long Island Drive.
- Sandy Springs Circle Streetscape: The contract has been awarded to construct sidewalks on Sandy Springs Circle from Cliftwood to Hammond drives. The project also includes sidewalks on a section of Hammond Drive near its intersection with Roswell Road.