deFINE ART 2012 will honor conceptual artist Fred Wilson for his work and influence on contemporary art. Wilson will give public talks at SCAD locations in Savannah and Atlanta and will present an artistic intervention at the Walter O. Evans Collection of African American Art at the SCAD Museum of Art.
As a signature feature of deFINE ART, a series of major contemporary art exhibitions will be presented at all SCAD locations. Below is the full schedule of exhibitions and events to be held at SCAD Atlanta. For more details, visit defineart.scad.edu.
- SCAD alumna Lisa M. Robinson (M.F.A., photography, 1999) will present a solo exhibition titled Oceana at SCAD Atlanta’ss Gallery See. A presentation of new photography, Oceana is a body of work that poetically depicts the transformative nature of water. Robinson juxtaposes storm surges and calm reflective moments as well as the formation of ice and flowing currents.
- On view at SCAD Atlanta’s Trois Gallery will be Zander Blom’s Place and Space. This solo exhibition will feature a selection of recent paintings, drawings and photographs in which the artist explores different configurations of lines, shapes and forms.
- Dario Escobar’s exhibition, Singular-Plural, will be on view at SCAD Atlanta’s Gallery 1600. This exhibition presents a selection of re-worked industrial objects and works on paper highlighting form, function and concept.
Events at SCAD Atlanta:
- Nancy Spector, deputy director and chief curator at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, will give an overview of the Guggenheim’s recent Maurizio Cattelan retrospective. Public lecture at Events Space, fourth floor, building C on Feb. 22 at 5 p.m.
- Fred Wilson, artist and SCAD deFINE ART 2012 honoree. Keynote lecture at Events Space, fourth floor, building C on Feb. 22 at 7 p.m.
- Exhibiting artist Dario Escobar. Public lecture at Events Space, fourth floor, building C on Feb. 21 at 7 p.m.
- Exhibiting artist Lisa M. Robinson. Public lecture at Events Space, fourth floor, building C on Feb. 23 at 7 p.m.