Built 1922-1923, the apartment building is one of the last works of noted architect Neel Reid before his death in 1926. His firm, begun in 1909 with Gottfried L. Norrman and Hal F. Hentz, would become the leaders of the Georgia School of Classicists. The addition of Rudolph S. Adler in 1911 and later Phillip T. Shutze cemented this firm’s reputation for extraordinary classical design. This multi-family residential building is one of only about a dozen apartment buildings designed by Hentz, Reid & Adler who specialized in single-family residential design.
The five-story building, with basement, is built of red brick with limestone details in the Georgian Revival style. The building retains its original use as a multi-family residential building and today contains 40 one-bedroom condominiums.