Cobb County will pay 45 percent – around $300 million – of the new Atlanta Braves stadium near the intersection of I-75 and I-285, according to a report from our affiliate CBS Atlanta. The Braves will pay the other 55 percent on the $672 million stadium.

Cobb County Commissioner Lisa Cupid said a closed door meeting among Cobb County officials on Wednesday afternoon helped shed some light on the plan. She said she feels more comfortable that residents of the county will not be hurt in the stadium transaction.

The Cobb County Chamber of Commerce said full details of the financing plan will be released Thursday afternoon.

For video and more on this story, visit CBS Atlanta.

Collin KelleyEditor

Collin Kelley has been the editor of Atlanta Intown for two decades and has been a journalist and freelance writer for 35 years. He’s also an award-winning poet and novelist.