Atlanta Public Schools (APS) has approved a cost of living pay increase for full-time APS employees for the FY2015 budget year, which runs from July 1, 2014, through June 30, 2015.
Compensation for full-time APS employees will be impacted as follows:
- APS employees hired during FY 2014 will receive a one-time bonus of 1 percent up to a
maximum of $500
- APS employees hired FY 2013 – 1 percent raise
- APS employees hired FY 2012 – 2 percent raise
- APS employees hired FY 2011 – 3 percent raise
- APS employees hired FY 2010 – 4 percent raise; and
- APS employees hired FY 2009 or earlier – 5 percent raise
For employees whose employment ended with the district and have returned, their pay increases will be based on their adjusted start date. For example, if an employee departed the district in 2002, but returned in 2012, the employee would receive a 2 percent increase.
“Our commitment was to closing the gap created by five years of frozen wages for employees,” said APS Superintendent Erroll B. Davis, Jr., in a press release from the district. “The purpose of the differentiated pay increase is to reward employees who have stayed committed to APS under challenging circumstances.”
Comments are closed.