On the Punk Foodie Underground Dining Calendar this weekend, you will find a total of 113 (and counting) underground dining events with 75 ITP and 38 OTP. You can also break down pop-ups by region: Decatur Area, Westend Area, West Midtown Area and Various ITP. For OTP, see East & Northeast, Way Northeast, West & Northwest & South.
Pop-Ups Go Major Label
This year has seen quite a few pop-ups and food trucks transition into brick and mortar. This list includes @biteofkorea, @paigespastriesatl, @dolospizza.co, @notsolilbites, @thecereallab, @smithsgourmetcreations, omakasetable.atl, and @azucar_cuban_cafe.
As of Friday, add @tko_thekorean1 to the list with their opening at @sfseav in EAV. Expect Korean ‘punk food’ including dishes like egg roll taquitos, Korean corn dog and cheesy kimchi fried rice (subscribe to our punk food series as part of the Side Dish newsletter).
Other chefs very soon making with transition to brick and mortar very soon include:
- @kamayan_atl on BuHi with an invite only soft opening this weekend
- @sophillyfoodatl in Douglasville on December 14
- @lasemilla.atl vegan in Reynoldstown in January.
Filipino pop-ups persistently pop-up and this weekend is no exception.
- Filipino Celebrity Chef: @estrellitafilipino is bringing in famous Filipino chef @nicoleponseca into the kitchen on Friday night (reservations encouraged) and back again for a book signing on Saturday
- Filipino BBQ: @barangayatl is bringing his Filipino BBQ to @littlecottagebrewery in Avondale Estates from 1PM on Saturday.
- Filipino Pizza: @pizza.kusina is baking artisan pies at @roundtripbeer from 12PM on Saturday
- Filipino + Peruvian Kamayan: @tioluchos and ‘celebrity chef’ @mansuetasfilipinofood are collaborating to bring a Peruvian + Filipino Kamayan supper on Sunday evening. Tickets are available.
Lots of pre-orders happening for the holidays from some of our favorite pop-up chefs.
- Cookie Box: @bamepopup is bringing together a bunch of chef friends to create a pop-up chef cookie box. Order by December 16 and pick up on the 18th. 25% of the proceeds will go to local ATL nonprofit @cleancargoproject1
- Pâte à Choux: @chouxmakeratl is offering eggnog, mont blanc, Mexican hot chocolate and gingersnap choux for pre-order by December 18. DM them for more info.
- Filipino Lunch: @adobo.atl, @barangayatl & @sevenfingersbakedgoods are offering Tanghalian to go lunches for pre-order by December 14 for a December 17 pickup.
- Macarons: @millasmacarons and @tancha.georgia (Duluth) are bringing you a holiday box with macarons, egg tarts and dacquoise for pre-order. Pick up is December 17.